At the University of Graz, researchers and students work across a broad disciplinary spectrum to enlarge our knowledge, and find strategies to deal with challenges our society is confronted with and to shape tomorrow’s world. The University of Graz is a place which combines high quality academic research and teaching, where achievement is rewarded, careers are promoted, and social diversity is encouraged – all within a modern, award-winning working environment. Our motto: We work for tomorrow. Join us!
The Institute of Philosophy is looking for a
University assistant with doctorate (m/f/d)
- 40 hours a week fixed-term employment for 2 years*
- position to be filled as of 01.10.2022
The position is located at the Institute of Philosophy, working section Moral and Political Philosophy. The position holder will be a member of the Cluster of Excellence Climate Change Graz and will strengthen the cooperation between philosophers and economists at the interface of climate ethics and climate economics. During the term of this position, a tenurable position will be advertised.
- Independent research in the field of "Practical Philosophy" with particular consideration of climate ethics and climate economics.
- Independent Teaching
- Participation in existing research projects and developing new research projects
- Participation in the coordination of the Double Degree Master Program Political, Economic and Legal Philosophy (MA PELP)
- Student support and supervision
- Cooperation on organisational and administrative tasks as well as evaluation measures
- Completed doctorate/PhD in the field of Philosophy
- International experience
- Commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration in the field of climate ethics and climate economics
- Communication, organizational and teamwork skills
- (Online) teaching experience and didactic competence
- Excellent knowledge of German and English
- Didactic aptitude for participation in teaching
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 4.061,50 gross/month (for full-time employment). This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application deadline: 24.08.2022
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
Applicants with proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be given preference if equally qualified. For further information, please refer to our general application regulations.
* Please note the limitations of § 109 UG (university act), especially in the case of short contract terms. For further information, please refer to our general application regulations.
For further information or questions, please contact:
Please note that in order to comply with the applicable data protection regulations, we can only accept applications via our web-based applicant tool for this vacant position.
Please add a letter of motivation via the upload field in the application form.